This is an exciting daily reading practice resource that supports:
• Learning about diversity
• Growth Mindset skills that build empathy
• Daily reading comprehension practice
• Differentiated learning
♦ ♦ ♦ PLEASE NOTE:
This is a → GROWING BUNDLE←
, which means sets will be added to the bundle at no extra cost to you.
Download the free preview to see the dates each set will be added and much more!.
Sets Currently in the Bundle:
• Set One
• Set Two
• Set Three
Sets that Will Soon Be Added to This Bundle:
• Set Four (September 24)
• Set Five (October 29)
• Set Six (December 3)
• Set Seven (January 7)
• Set Eight (February 11)
• Set Nine (March 18)
• Set Ten (April 22)
WHEN FINISHED, YOU WILL HAVE 10 MONTHS OF DAILY READING MORNING WORK!
To see the INDIVIDUAL SETS AND OTHER GRADE LEVELS CLICK THIS LINK HERE.
Ideas for Using the Daily Comprehension Practice
• Use them as bell work at the beginning of the school day.
• Use them as a warm-up to reading during your reading workshop.
• Use them as ‘exit slips’ at the end of the school day or reading workshop.
• Place them in a literacy center for comprehension.
• Use them in guided reading as a quick warm-up to the lesson.
• Send them home for extra practice and support!
• Have students work in partners or small groups to complete the daily work.
• Use them for tutoring.
• And any other way you see this working for your unique schedule and student needs!
• This resource is designed for your students to receive just a few minutes a day of extra practice with key comprehension skills they need to be successful, independent readers and thinkers.
• These quick daily practice pages are perfect for ensuring that what you are teaching and modeling in class about reading is sticking with your kids!
• Through these daily practice pages, you can ensure students are spending time thinking about their reading and practicing these very important skills!
Each Half Page of Practice Includes:
• An ‘I Can’ statement with a helpful reading comprehension reminder.
• An original story for each week. Stories are broken into 5 sections, so that students read a different part of the story each day of the week.
• A custom illustration to match each day.
• A challenge activity.
• A ‘Pro Tip’ for students to think deeper about the comprehension focus
• Two multiple choice questions about the passage that are related to the mini lesson focus statement.
• One open-ended question about the comprehension skill.
*** There are 20 days of practice for grades 4-5 included in each set, enough for an entire month!
Download the free preview to see more!
Copyright © 2018 Jen Bengel
All rights reserved by author.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Electronic distribution limited to single classroom use only.
Not for public display.