This is an exciting daily reading practice resource that supports:
- Learning about diversity
- Growth Mindset skills that build empathy
- Daily reading comprehension practice
- Differentiated learning
- Use them as bell work at the beginning of the school day.
- Use them as a warm-up to reading during your reading workshop.
- Use them as ‘exit slips’ at the end of the school day or reading workshop.
- Place them in a literacy center for comprehension.
- Use them in guided reading as a quick warm-up to the lesson.
- Send them home for extra practice and support!
- Have students work in partners or small groups to complete their daily work.
- And any other way you see this working for your unique schedule and student needs!
- This resource is designed for your students to receive just a few minutes a day of extra practice with key comprehension skills they need to be successful, independent readers and thinkers.
- These quick daily practice pages are perfect for ensuring that what you are teaching and modeling in class about reading is sticking with your kids!
- Through these daily practice pages, you can ensure students are spending time thinking about their reading and practicing these very important skills!
- An ‘I Can’ statement with a helpful reading comprehension reminder.
- An original story for each week. Stories are broken into 5 sections, so that students read a different part of the story each day of the week.
- A custom illustration to match each day.
- A challenge activity.
- A ‘Pro Tip’ for students to think deeper about the comprehension focus
- Two multiple-choice questions about the passage that are related to the mini-lesson focus statement.
- One open-ended question about the comprehension skill.
There are for grades 6-8 included in this set, enough for an entire month!
Download the free preview to see more!
- Grade 1: click HERE
- Grades 2-3: click HERE
- Grades 4-5: click HERE
Copyright © 2019 Jen Bengel
All rights reserved by author.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Electronic distribution limited to single classroom use only.
Not for public display.