Products in this Bundle (3)
Are you a 3rd-5th grade teacher looking for a minimal-prep way for your students to review or learn Texas TEKS social studies topics? Are you finding it hard to teach social studies and would love an easy way to implement this subject in your daily schedule?
Save $$ by purchasing this GROWING BUNDLE before more social studies units are added!
Smart and Simple Social Studies Daily Review is for upper elementary teachers in Grades 3-5 who are looking for minimal-prep and engaging passages and questions for students that align to TEKS Social Studies standards.
Each Social Studies Daily Review resource consists of the following components:
- There are multiple topics to choose from in each of the units. Each topic consists of 4 daily informative and student-friendly passages with 3 multiple-choice questions for each day. Included with each topic is a cumulative multiple-choice quiz.
- A TEKS Unit Pacing Guide is included for 3rd, 4th and 5th grade. This best aligns with TEKS Social Studies standards (adopted 2018). However, any topic can be used in any order to best meet the needs of your students and state standards!
- Included with each weekly topic is a glossary with key vocabulary words to know for the week. This can be a great study guide or helpful tool for students to keep in social studies notebooks or binders!
- Each topic has a digital version – Google Slides for the daily activities and Google Forms for the weekly quiz. This is great for distance learning or to assign as make-up work for students.
- An answer key is included for the daily activities and quizzes for easy grading. This is perfect to help make the activities self-checking and easy for subs!
The bundle will consist of 5 resources based on the main social studies domains and will contain topics that can be used that best align to your social studies curriculum (in any state):
- Civics/Government - coming mid-March 2023
- Economics - coming mid-May 2023
You can also download the preview to learn more about why social studies is still important in the classroom and look at an overview of the curriculum and content.
Want to try a week for FREE? >> Click here to download a free week of printable activities on map skills (with an answer key)!
What makes these Social Studies activities Smart and Simple?
The daily Social Studies passages and questions are bite-sized and can easily be implemented within an ELA block or in a daily schedule. The topics are TEKS-aligned but are still flexible enough to use in any order and in conjunction with any state curriculum. These daily activities can be implemented in conjunction with a lesson during morning work or daily warmup, small groups, stations and more. It can also be directly taught and reviewed with students in a short span of time.
Please be sure to Click Here to Follow Me on TPT! Get notifications for when each Social Studies Domain resource will be available in the store!
Copyright The Southern Teach