This pack includes 11 different activities that are aligned with the common core standards to be used during Daily 5 word work time. These activities can be put out for the entire month for students to choose or several different activities each week. Many of the activities can be used by students individually and all are ready to be used in cooperative groups. All activities include a student recording page for accountability and student friendly instruction cards.
Letter names (CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RF.K.1d):
• Upper/lowercase match or memory game – students will find upper and lowercase matches with a partner or individually
• Upper/lowercase trace, cut and paste – students will trace over the upper and lower case letters, cut out and match
• Letter attribute sort – students can sort letters by numerous different attributes (straight lines, curvy lines, straight and curvey, tall, small and fall letters etc.) Comes with sorting mats for 10 defined 2 or 3 way sorts and two mats for open sorts. VERY EASILY DIFFERENTIATED!
Beginning Sounds (CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RF.K.3a):
• Letter/beginning sound trace, cut and paste – students will trace over upper and lowercase pairs and then cut out a picture that has the same beginning sound as the letter
• Beginning sounds sort - includes 5 pictures for letters: Mm, Ss, Pp, Tt, Aa, Dd, Ll, Rr, Bb, Ff, Nn & Ii and 6 defined 2 way sorting mats and 2 open sorting mats for a 2 way or 3 way sort
Rhyming Words (CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RF.K.2a):
• Rhyming picture match or memory game – Students will find pictures that rhyme and record their matches on a recording sheet.
Segmenting Syllables (CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RF.K.2b):
• Apple 4 Way Syllable sort – Students will look at apples with pictures and segment the pictures syllables and sort into a labeled tree
• Opposite matching puzzles – Students will find opposite pairs in unique puzzles
Sorting Objects into categories (CCSS.ELA-Literacy.L.K.5a):
• Category Picture Sort – students will sort pictures into 6 categories (fruits, insects, animals, sea life, school supplies and space)
Sight Words (CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RF.K.3c)
• Trace, stamp rainbow write Word Wall Words – 5 different pages: (progressive practice for each week of the word wall words - 5 new words for week one and each week adds 2 new words and reviews 3 words from previous week)
• Roll a Word Wall Word – 5 different pages: (progressive practice for each week of the word wall words - 6 new words for week one and each week adds 2 new words and reviews 4 words from previous week)