This activity booklet was designed to fulfill the requirements for the Daisy Talk it Up, Making Choices, Money Counts, and Count It Up Leaves.
Talk It Up Leaf
After selling the cookies you have to decide how to use the money earned. The girls will learn more about ways to spend money to help others, and inspire customers to do the same.
Now you have earned the cookie money, now what?
– girls will work on setting up their savings goals and play a game using cash to practice.
Using your cookie money for good, helping others
- girls will play a game and create a poster to help them understand more about using their cookie money to help others.
How you can inspire your customers
– girls will role play how they will talk to customers at a cookie booth and practice what to say to customers.
Money Counts Leaf
Learn more about what money is and how you can use it to buy what you need and want. Your girls will learn more about what money is worth with these activities.
What is the difference between Pennies, Nickels, Dimes, and Quarters? Find out!
- girls will play games learning more about the differences in coins, and for added fun learn how to clean a dirty coin.
What do you know about paper money? Learn more!
– girls will put their money skills to work practicing spending money and making a editable necklace.
Do you know how much things cost? Find out!
– girls will uncover how much things cost and activities that don’t and for added fun sing the a money song.
Making Choices Leaf
Learning more about the best things to spend your money and making the right choice by investigating what the difference is between our wants and needs because both cost money.
What are difference between needs and wants
– your girls will organize their wants and needs into different bags and talk about why certain items are concerned a want or a need.
Learn how to save for your wants
– Girls will do a activity to understand how to set and aim for a goal to understand how to save for what you want.
Now that you know what a want and a need is, help others understand it.
– girls will play a game to help them understand how many people in world struggle to get the things they need.
Count It Up Leaf
This leaf will dig into the world of the Girl Scout Cookie Program. Learn more about the cost of cookies, what kind of cookies are available and how much you want to earn as a troop.
Do you know what cookies cost?
- girls will learn more about cost of cookies playing a games counting the correct change and coin rubbing
Lots of cookies learn more about them
– girls will learn more about cookies playing a number of get to know you cookie games.
Time to set a goal for sales.
– Your girls will design their very own goal poster for the troop and individual goals.
Do you need more ideas on this topic?
Gain even more free ideas to earning the 4 Daisy Leaves, click here.
Leader Connecting Leaders is not affiliated with The Girl Scouts of the USA. The products are not connected with, affiliated with, approved by, endorsed by, or otherwise sponsored by The Girl Scouts of the USA