Also included in
- I LOVE Astronomy! One of my life's missions is to help more people understand the wonders of space and appreciate the Earth. I hope these Astronomy resources will find a home in your classroom and spark curiosity and excitement in your students.This zipped folder will include all of my present and$225.00$283.00Save $58.00
- If you are overwhelmed or intimidated by teaching Astronomy or Space Science you are in luck! This bundle of resources includes everything you could ever ask for: lesson plans, PowerPoint presentations, student notes, practice questions, formative assessment pieces, and creative activities. BONUS: A$145.00$180.00Save $35.00
How can living in space harm humans? Students will learn about the risks and health effects associated with space travel. This all-in-one lesson will help you teach your students about the life of astronauts aboard the International Space Station (ISS) and how weightlessness affects their bodies. Stretch this lesson across a few classes with the Design a Space Habitat assignment included in this EDITABLE lesson bundle.
Student learning goals for the Size of Space Lesson:
- identify different hazards associated with living in space
- examine solutions to protect humans or minimize dangers of living in space
- explore daily life aboard the International Space Station
Please examine the images and preview above to see how this resource can help you and your students.
In the zipped file, you will receive:
★ 2-page lesson plan.
★ 20-slide editable PowerPoint presentation with hyperlinks to YouTube videos.
★ 3 pages of student notes that align with the presentation and 1 page of homework questions.
★ Corresponding teacher's notes - already filled in! Great as an accommodation for students with IEPs.
★ 2-page Design a Space Habitat research assignment
★ 21 pages of editable task cards that can be used as formative assessments. 8 pages of quick checks to be used during class and 8 pages of retrieval practice questions to be later in the unit. For ease of use, these are included as all-different on a page, and all-the-same on a page (PDF file and editable PowerPoint file so you can add your own too!).
ALL RESOURCES IN THIS LESSON ARE EDITABLE: The PowerPoint presentation, lesson plans, student and teacher notes, homework, assignment and bell ringers are all editable. File types are Word docx, PowerPoint pptx, and PDF versions are included for each.
This lesson can further be supported by the Dangers of Living in Space Doodle Note.
If you are interested in using the doodle notes with these lessons your best value is to purchase the Astronomy Growing Bundle. This bundle includes all the lessons, PowerPoint presentations, practice and activities as well as all the doodle notes and anchor charts. When additional lessons are added, you can be notified by following my store.
You can see the other resources in the Astronomy all-in-one Lesson Bundle by clicking the links below. Please follow my store for notifications when new resources are added to the bundle.