This is a simple yet effective dialogue that will allow your students to practice ordering food and/or drinks in a café or restaurant in French. It is suitable for beginner learners of French.
This is how I suggest you use this dialogue:
1. Give each student a copy of the dialogue.
2. Go over the vocabulary of the dialogue (model pronunciation and do a choral practice).
3. Have students get up, mix up, pair up and recite the dialogue.
4. When done, have them mix up, pair up and recite the dialogue again.
5. Repeat as many times as needed.
6. Optional: Have your students memorize the dialogue and either recite it in front of the class or record themselves on iPad or iPhone.
Your feedback would be greatly appreciated.