Meet the demands of Common Core State Standards with this riveting and rigorous story by Ray Bradbury! This resource pack includes tons of resources that are ready to use in your classroom to teach "Dark They Were, and Golden-Eyed." The resources included ask students to closely read the text and analyze the story. The resources included in this pack are engaging and fun for your students, while still providing challenging learning experiences that meet Common Core State Standards.
A 9 page teacher’s guide is also included!
* 36 Bradbury Quote Cards & Discussion Mingle Directions
* Ticket to Mars
* Science-Fiction PowerPoint INCLUDED AS A PDF (17 slides) & Teacher’s Guide
*Science-Fiction Practice Assignment
During Reading Activities:
* During Reading Response Sheet
* Character Texting Sheet
* Twitter Tweet as a character Sheet
Comprehension & Text-Dependent Questions
* 11 Comprehension Questions w/Answer Key
* Discussion Question Starters Sheet
* Text-Dependent Questions-50 Questions w/Answer Key
***Text-Dependent Questions come in typical handout (which CAN be EDITED to meet the needs of your students), numbered task cards, and unnumbered task cards
After Reading Tasks:
* Wrap-Arounds-Directions that are ready to print!
* Quick summary sheet for “Stand-Up, Hand-up, Pair-Up”
* Facebook status sheets for characters
* Twitter Summary Sheet
Literary Analysis & Graphic Organizers (11 in all!)
* Summary Organizer, Writing Task & Rubric-RL.2
* Character Change Analysis and Written Response-RL.3, RL.5
* Figurative Language Analysis and Writing task-RL.4
* Illustrated Figurative Language-RL.4
* Imagery Analysis Graphic Organizer-RL.4, RL.5
* Circular Plot and Writing Task-RL.3
* Plot Cartoon & Rubric-RL.3
* Foreshadowing, Mood, and Suspense-RL.4, RL.5
* Reading vs. Listening-RL.7
* Setting-RL.1, RL.3, & RL.5
* Science-Fiction Elements Graphic organizer-RL.10
* Postcard-Directions, Rubric, & Template
* Character Journal with Rubric-W.3 & RL.3
Thanks for checking out my product! If you like my work, be sure to follow me so you can stay up to date with new products, sales, and freebies!!
Check out my other literature resources!
• "Priscilla and the Wimps" by Richard Peck
• "Eleven" by Sandra Cisneros
• "Thank You, Mr. Falker" by Patricia Polacco
• "The Fantastic Flying Books of Mr. Morris Lessmore"
• "The Hitchhiker" by Lucille Fletcher
• "The Scribe" by Kristin Hunter
• "The Stranger" by Chris VanAllsburg
• "Tuck Everlasting" Novel Bundle by Natalie Babbit