Included in this packet:
1. The lyrics to Darte un beso
2. The lyrics to Darte un beso with the English translation
3. A cloze activity + answer key
a. Have students listen to the song 2-3 times as they fill in the words that are blanked out
4. Lyric Line-Up activity + answer key
a. Teacher or a student should cut the sheet of lyrics into strips.
b. Give each student (or pair of students) a set of lyrics strips.
c. Play the song 2-3 times (stop when you get to “Pero tú no me das ni las noticias”).
d. Students attempt to line up the lyrics in the correct order while listening.
e. When the line-up is correct, the letters on the left-hand edge should read “Do you like mermaids.”
5. Reading “Prince Royce y la chica guapa” with video screen shots
a. Describe the video in Spanish, stopping to ask questions, add cute details, and recap prior information.
b. After verbal discussion, read the story with students.
6. Writing activity about the music video with screen shots
7. Cloze quiz + answer key. The quiz also asks students the meaning of some of the words in the song.
The song can be found on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdOXnTbyk0g