Use the popluar Pixar film to introduce pets in German with enough material for about 3 lessons.
It includes picture description and translation tasks, modelled on the new GCSE exams.
Topics are pets, genders, description (body/character) and modal verbs.
Some tasks are based on a YouTube clip, but can be skipped if you can’t access YouTube in your school.
This download includes a 90-slide PowerPoint presentation, three worksheets and a lesson plan.
• Slide 2: German Trailer
• Slides 3-15: introduction of animals and genders
• Slides 17-26: listen and repeat animals
• Slides 27-37: Pass Auf! Game
• Slides 48-59: Was fehlt? Game
• Slides 60-67: Speaking description words
• Slide 68: writing task venn diagram description words
• Slide 69-73: plurals
• Slide 74: reading tasks, additional description words
• Slides 75-77: listening task, ways of saying good bye
• 78-84: modal sentences with “kann”
• Slides 85-88: Picture description
• Slide 89-90: Bingo
• Slides 91-94: Translation tasks answers
• Translation Worksheet
• Puzzle Worksheet