Go dashing through the snow with this month-long NO PREP packet of winter literacy activities! It's all about super fun winter sports for kids. The winter sports include: sleigh riding, sledding, dog sledding, downhill skiing, cross country skiing, snowboarding, snowmobiling, a ride on a snowcat and tram, ice skating, figure skating, ice hockey, and snowshoeing.
The literacy activities include:
• building vocabulary
• reading/listening to informational text
• reading/listening to simple poetry and rhyme
• answering comprehension questions
• answering WH questions
• identifying beginning sounds/letters
• writing beginning sounds/letters
• recognizing color words
• following color patterns
• tracing curved and straight lines
• tracing and writing words and high frequency words
• tracing sentences with high frequency words
• having fun!
The packet is designed for use in small groups, literacy centers, or independent use for those who are reading.
This packet meets the following Kindergarten ELA Common Core Standards:
RI K1, 2, 3, 7, 10
RF K1a, b, c, 2a, 3a, c
LK 1a, b, e, 5c, 6
Dash away all! Have fun, be ready for winter, and download my preview. Thanks for visiting my store.
Thanks for all you do for kids.