The problems and activities within this document are designed to assist students in achieving the following standards: S.ID.4, S.IC.1, S.IC.2, S.IC.3, S.IC.4, S.IC.5, S.IC.6, S.CP.A.2, S.CP.A.3, and S.CP.A.5, as well as the standards for mathematics practice and the literacy standards. They are also designed to help the teacher assess the students’ abilities when it comes to working with the ideas within the standards.
This folder contains the following:
- Introduction to data, statistics, and samples (class work, closure, and differentiated homework)
- Types of experimental data collection and sampling Techniques (class work, cooperative learning activity, closure, homework, and quick quizzes)
- Means, Z-scores, and standard deviation (class work, closure, and quick quiz)
- Calculating standard deviation (class work)
- Normal Distribution (class work, closure, and quick quiz)
- Population means & margins of error (class work and closure)
- Determining if a model is consistent with results (fun mini Starburst project)
- Comparing two treatments given histograms (homework assignment)
- Conditional probability & independent events (class work, closure, and homework)
- Student self-assessment for the unit
*Of course, you can rearrange the problems in this document for use as class work, homework, quizzes, tests, etc. as you wish!
About my Products:
While the PARCC assesses many of the mathematical practice standards, I aim to create many problems and activities that require students to apply the skills outlined in the performance level descriptors. I believe that the more students are exposed to such types of work, the more likely they are to develop a conceptual understanding of the concepts & of their own learning, succeed on the PARCC, and hence the more likely they are to be prepared for success in college and/or their future careers. If you happen to have any questions or concerns regarding anything your purchase (or download for free), please do not hesitate to contact me! Have a wonderful school year! :)