Also included in
- Are you tired of searching for lessons and activities for each math unit in the Grade 6 New Ontario Math curriculum? This bundle has it all! Interactive lessons, hands-on digital and printable math centers, including 8 digital escape rooms, differentiated performance tasks AND pre and post assessmenPrice $150.59Original Price $228.17Save $77.58
- Data collection, graphing vocabulary, types of graphs, inferring data, creating digital graphs, analyzing misleading graphs, infographics, measures of central tendency...this is what your students will learn and more, with this interactive graphing lessons and activities mega bundle. Save 20% with tPrice $18.00Original Price $22.50Save $4.50
Data collection, graphing vocabulary, types of graphs, inferring data, creating digital graphs, analyzing misleading graphs...this is what your students will learn and more, with this interactive graphing lessons and activities mega bundle. This multi-curricular bundle (math, writing and art) is everything you need for your in-class or distance learning Ontario math classroom!
Also included in my entire collection of Grade 6 Lesson and Differentiated Activities Sets.
Graphing Mini Lesson, Hands-on Data Collection and Art Project
(Digital and Printable)
: Start your graphing unit off with a bang...or rather a "drop." Begin with the digital mini lesson that reviews data management vocabulary, parts of a graph and different types of graphs. Then give your students some hands-on fun, with a ruler "drop" data collection activity and art project that will deepen their understanding of the importance of data.
- Primary Source
- Secondary Source
- Qualitative Data
- Quantitative Data
- Continuous Data
- Discrete Data
- X-Axis and Y-Axis
- Ordered Pair
- Bar Graph
- Double Bar Graph
- Line Graph
- Pie/ Circle Graph
- Stem and Leaf Plot
: Hands-On Data Collection and Art Project: Collect some data to review graph making in an engaging way with this ruler drop activity, where students will tally their results, graph them and then use them to create a stunning wall display of some math art.
Analyzing Graphs, Digital Graphing and Graphing/ Persuasive Writing Project
(Digital and Printable)
: This Data Management graphing and writing project helps your students to dig deeper into the importance of data. Students will learn about:
- Creating digital graphs with Google Sheets
- Analyzing graphs them for deeper understanding
: Now it is deep thinking time. In this graphing project, your students will:
- Develop a deep thinking question, using the provided digital or printable planner
- Collect the data and graph the results using their new digital knowledge
- Make inferences and determine a problem that needs to be solved based on the data
- Write a persuasive letter to someone based on their data findings.
Great real-world learning for your classroom!
Analyzing Misleading Data
(Digital and Printable)
Analyzing misleading data is not only part of the new Ontario Math curriculum, it is also essential for student's understanding of the graphs they view in the media every day. This Media Literacy meets Data Management lesson and activity set will help your students:
- Understand what misleading data means
- Learn how to describe the shape distribution of a set of data (e.g., symmetric (bell shaped), left skewed, right skewed, uniform)
- Learn what a scale is and how it affects the shape of a set of data
- Understand graphs in the media and how they can mislead us
- Understand the importance of being aware of how graphs can mislead us
- Learn how to create a digital graph (included in the activity section)
"Would You Rather" Prompts for your math centers, where students will analyze graphs to answer the question of "Would you rather use this graph or this one to ...." (insert 8 different scenarios here). Deep thinking and fun put together.
Digital - Use the drag and drop circles and text boxes to answer
Printable - Circle and complete on printed copy
: Includes 3 activities to complete (digital and printable versions included)
- Choice of 3 different analyzing graphs activities
- Creating misleading graphs activity (on Google Sheets or Grid paper)
- Graphs in the media activity
Real life learning at its best!
Review, Engage, Create, Learn, Apply - This bundle includes what you need and saves you money too!
Check out the detailed preview! Please let me know if you have any questions.
This lesson and differentiated activities set is included in a GIANT Growing, time and money saving bundle (30% off PLUS so many FREE products to come). So many great sets to cover your math curriculum including:
- Algebra Lesson and Escape Room Bundle
- Order of Operations Lesson and Escape Room Bundle
- Prime and Composite Numbers and Escape Room Bundle
- Ordering and Comparing Integers and Escape Room Bundle
- Patterning with Function Rules and Escape Room Bundle
- Whole numbers with Place Value and Escape Room Bundle
- Transformations on a Cartesian Plane Lesson and Escape Room Bundle
- Converting Fractions Decimals and Percent's Lesson and Escape Room Bundle
- Comparing Fractions Lesson and Activity Set
- Adding & Subtracting Fractions by Fractions by Unlike Denominators and Multiplying & Dividing Fractions by Whole #’s Lesson and Activity Set
- Social Emotional Learning in Math
Did you know that leaving feedback gives you points towards FREE TpT products? Free products for you, feedback for me...it's a win win!
Please let me know if you have any questions and don't forget to follow me to be notified when more products like these become available! You can also check out my other digital products in my TpT store!
Thank you for your time,
Stacey - 1 Passionate Teacher