Also included in
- Data collection, graphing vocabulary, types of graphs, inferring data, creating digital graphs, analyzing misleading graphs...this is what your students will learn and more, with this interactive graphing lessons and activities mega bundle. This multi-curricular bundle (math, writing and art) is evePrice $12.15Original Price $13.50Save $1.35
- Are you tired of searching for lessons and activities for each math unit in the Grade 6 New Ontario Math curriculum? This bundle has it all! Interactive lessons, hands-on digital and printable math centers, including 8 digital escape rooms, differentiated performance tasks AND pre and post assessmenPrice $150.59Original Price $228.17Save $77.58
- Data collection, graphing vocabulary, types of graphs, inferring data, creating digital graphs, analyzing misleading graphs, infographics, measures of central tendency...this is what your students will learn and more, with this interactive graphing lessons and activities mega bundle. Save 20% with tPrice $18.00Original Price $22.50Save $4.50
Analyzing misleading data is not only part of the new Ontario Math curriculum, it is also essential for a student's understanding of the graphs they view in the media every day. This Media Literacy meets Data Management lesson and activity set will help your students to understand what misleading data is, how it is used in real life, as well as how and why they are created - to teach them to beware! They will also learn how to create a digital graph using Google Sheets. Deep thinking at its best!
Also included in my entire collection of Grade 6 Lesson and Differentiated Activities Sets.
Lesson Portion (Digital and Printable)
The digital transitions within the lesson portion will provide your students with step by step learning about the following topics:
- What misleading data means
- How to describe the shape distribution of a set of data (e.g., symmetric (bell shaped), left skewed, right skewed, uniform)
- What a scale is and how it affects the shape of a set of data
- Graphs in the media and how they can mislead us
- The importance of being aware of how graphs can mislead us
- How to create a digital graph (included in the activity section)
Also includes a less text heavy version to be used with ELL learners or for differentiation.
Students are given opportunities for practice, with provided answers, prior to moving to the activities portion.
Practice Portion with Provided Answers (Digital and Printable)
Use these "Would You Rather" Prompts for your math centers, where students will analyze graphs to answer the question of "Would you rather use this graph or this one to ...." (insert 8 different scenarios here). Deep thinking and fun put together.
Digital - Use the drag and drop circles and text boxes to answer
Printable - Circle and complete on printed copy
Apply and Self Assess (Digital and Printable)
Includes 3 activities to complete
- Choice of 3 different analyzing graphs activities
- Creating misleading graphs activity (on Google Sheets or Grid paper)
- Graphs in the media activity
Answers for all activities and feedback rubric for math and media also included.
Check out the detailed preview! Please let me know if you have any questions.
Are you looking for other Graphing related digital products?
- Graphing mini lesson, hands-on data collection and art activity
- Analyzing graphing lesson and project (includes a portion of the Google Sheets graphs creation lesson as this lesson)
- Infographic lesson, analyzing and creation
This lesson and differentiated activities set is included in a GIANT Growing, time and money saving bundle (20% off PLUS so many FREE products to come). So many great sets to cover your math curriculum including:
- Algebra Lesson and Escape Room Bundle
- Order of Operations Lesson and Escape Room Bundle
- Prime and Composite Numbers and Escape Room Bundle
- Ordering and Comparing Integers and Escape Room Bundle
- Patterning with Function Rules and Escape Room Bundle
- Whole numbers with Place Value and Escape Room Bundle
- Transformations on a Cartesian Plane Lesson and Escape Room Bundle
- Converting Fractions Decimals and Percent's Lesson and Escape Room Bundle
- Comparing Fractions Lesson and Activity Set
- Adding & Subtracting Fractions by Fractions by Unlike Denominators and Multiplying & Dividing Fractions by Whole #’s Lesson and Activity Set
- Graphing Lessons, Activities and Project, including Misleading Graphs
- Social Emotional Learning in Math
Did you know that leaving feedback gives you points towards FREE TpT products? Free products for you, feedback for me...it's a win win!
Please let me know if you have any questions and don't forget to follow me to be notified when more products like these become available! You can also check out my other digital products in my TpT store!
Thank you for your time,
Stacey - 1 Passionate Teacher