Date My Character will ensure the students effectively study their assigned or chosen character in multiple ways. Quality vs. Quantity of information is promoted through the exploration of one character. Instead of viewing all of the characters found in a given story, the students will dive deeper into the life of one character.
These sheets were recently used in my classroom to explore the characters found in Outsiders by S.E. Hinton.
Task: The student will analyze an assigned or chosen character and the circumstances surrounding their personality in the novel, short story, or poem you are presently reading.
1. The student will create a poster representing the character.
2. The student will create a social media ‘character book’.
3. The student will introduce the character to a compatible character in a different text.
4. A letter must be written to ask the character on a date.
Included in this packet:
1. Instructions on how to complete the graphic organizer.
2. A student sheet for the poster graphic organizer.
3. A rubric for the graphic organizer.
4. A compatibility guide student sheet for the letter.
5. A sample social media 'Character Book' :character Facebook page
5. A student 'Character Book' sheet.