Informative Research and Writing: Davy Crockett
Students research and write an informative composition on the King of the Wild Frontier, Davy Crockett! An informative reading passage, note taking outline, and blank writing page is included in this purchase. Multiple Common Core Standards and Texas TEKS Writing objectives are supported.
* 1 Reading Passage
* 2 Outlines / Graphic Organizer for Note-taking
~ 1 outline provides topics
~ 1 outline is blank / students provide topics and subtopics
* 1 Composition Pages
* 1 Product List (for teacher flexibility)
Suggested Implementation (independently or small group)
* Take notes using outline provided.
* Use outline to write an informative composition.
* Share with class or in small groups.
* Use for TX Independence Day, TX History Museum, writing contest, Differentiation,
* Homework or as an Introduction to Research
* Students in grades 4-8
* Identified gifted students in grades 3-5
* Any verbally advanced student
* Students needing extra support in note taking and informative writing
Similar products can be found in my Teachers Pay Teachers Store.
Stephen F. Austin, Informative Writing
Informative Writing and Research, St. Patrick's Day
Expository and Creative Writing, Spring