Cut and paste activity can be used as a pre and/or post- assessment on NGSSS Kindergarten benchmarks:
Big Idea 1: The Practice of Science
• SC.K.E.5.1-Explore the law of gravity by investigating how objects are pulled toward the ground unless something holds them up.
• SC.K.E.5.2-Recognize the repeating pattern of day and night.
• SC.K.E.5.3-Recognize that the Sun can only be seen in the daytime.
• SC.K.E.5.4-Observe that sometimes the Moon can be seen at night and sometimes during the day.
• SC.K.E.5.5-Observe that things can be big and things can be small as seen from Earth.
• SC.K.E.5.6-Observe that some objects are far away and some are nearby as seen from Earth.