Also included in
- These Día de los Muertos, Day of the Dead Spanish activities and lesson plans have everything you need to bring this traditional Mexican holiday to life in your classroom or via remote learning for grades 1-12 and all abilities: 40 slide colorful PowerPoint, art projects, crafts, skull mini books,$11.99$27.96Save $15.97
- Everything you need to spice up Spanish holidays: Day of the Dead, Thanksgiving, Hanukkah, Christmas, New Years, Valentine's Day, and Cinco de Mayo. Games, writing, PowerPoints, flashcards, songs, speed dating, videos, decorations, and so much more. Many of these resources are my best-sellers. Va$39.99$91.86Save $51.87
- 3000+ pages of Spanish lesson plans, games, grammar units, writing projects, euro manipulatives, PowerPoints, sub plans, cultural units, holiday lessons, flashcards, and much more. Save yourself hours of work and spice up your classroom with fun, engaging activities. Save over 30% off individual pr$239.99$451.37Save $211.38
Bring Día de los Muertos, Day of the Dead to life through this colorful 8 page mini skull book art project (digital or paper). Students watch 3 video clips (in either English or Spanish) to learn about this celebration and then start making their Day of the Dead skull books.
Students can make a normal shaped book (less cutting for younger students) or a skull shaped book. This book explains Day of the Dead, when it takes place, why it takes place, and its unique traditions (building altars, leaving offerings, celebrating in the cemetery with loved ones).
* Younger or beginner language learners color and fill in the blanks.
(Spanish or English)
* More advanced students use sentences starters to write about the holiday.
(Spanish or English)
Here's what teachers are saying:
* "This was so much fun! I loved the 3 videos you embedded into the project."
* "Great cultural activity and nice interactive way to get kids interested in the holiday."
* "I love how we were provided with many different versions. Great activity!"
Want more for Day of the Dead?
Want lessons for all the major holidays?
(Day of the Dead, Thanksgiving, Hanukkah, Christmas,
New Year's, Valentine's, Cinco de Mayo)