Also included in
- Engage 8th-12th grade students in the classroom or virtually with this 5-star rated growing bundle of poetry lessons. This resource includes a student-rated favorite lesson: crafting a Pablo Neruda style poem by examining a fruit or vegetable! You will receive the in-class version of this lessonPrice $5.50Original Price $6.97Save $1.47
- Engage your high school English students in this 5-star rated growing bundle of lessons and activities that are perfect for Halloween time. This bundle currently includes:Day of the Dead / Dia de los Muertos Calavera Lesson Poetry Halloween (available in print and digital formats) (5-star rated!)EdPrice $19.99Original Price $23.93Save $3.94
- This growing bundle of fall resources features back-to-school, Halloween, and Thanksgiving themed materials to support your high school English classes! This bundle currently includes:For Back-to-School:A framework for writing (The perfect resource for introducing middle school students to the procPrice $33.99Original Price $41.86Save $7.87
- This growing bundle of seasonal high school English lessons and activities currently features resources for back-to-school, Halloween, Thanksgiving, A Christmas Carol, New Year's, and Valentine's Day!This bundle currently includes:For Back-to-School:A framework for writing (The perfect resource forPrice $39.99Original Price $56.84Save $16.85
Celebrate Dia de los Muertos / Day of the Dead with this engaging 5-star rated poetry lesson inspired by an authentic calavera! Your students will love learning about and crafting humorous calaveras based on professions that they can relate to. Given how the example calavera is based on a barber, a role many of us took a stab at during lockdown, students will relate well to the example, too!
This resource includes:
- a brief background on calaveras
- a brief analysis of a sample calavera
- instructions for crafting and presenting a calavera
- editable cards with 15 modern professions for students to base their calaveras on
- a sample student calavera
Technology note: You need a Google account to access and share this resource with students.
Looking for other English Language Arts resources for Halloween?
- Edgar Allan Poe Short Stories Lesson: Evaluating and Sentencing Poe's Narrators and Their Crimes (5-star rated in a bundle!)
- Shakespeare's Skull and Resurrectionists Informational Text for Distance Learning (5-star rated!)
- The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde Digital Escape Room Distance Learning (5-star rated!)
- Growing Bundle: Halloween Lessons Activities High School English Google Apps (5-star rated!)
Love DIGITAL ESCAPE ROOMS? Purchasing today allows your FREE access to all future digital escape rooms as they become available!
Looking for social distancing bulletin board ideas?
- Space Themed Posters for Social Distancing Classroom Poster Set Bulletin Board (5-star rated!)
- Author Themed Posters for Social Distancing Classroom Poster Set Bulletin Board (5-star rated!)
- Plant-Themed Poster for Classroom Social Distancing (Bulletin Board) (5-star rated!)
Looking for other poetry assignments?
- Emily Dickinson: Poetry Task for Social Distancing (distance learning)
- Pablo Neruda Style Ode to Food (5-star rated!)
- Growing Bundle of Poetry Lessons Print and Digital Distance Learning (5-star rated!)
Thank you for visiting my store! Please follow me (by easily clicking HERE!) to receive freebies and updates about new products! New products are 50% OFF for the first 24 hours!
Your feedback is valuable to me! I would love to hear your feedback on this resource. Simply go to your "My Purchases" page where you will see a review button. Click on "Have you used this resource? If so, leave a review." Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases. Thank you so much!
© Innovative English Instruction