Day of the Dead Sugar Skulls Craft - Dia de Los Muertos Activities & Decor
What educators are saying
Also included in
- This creative crafts packet includes distance learning math and literacy resources that are excellent to use with preschool kids (and beyond) at home. Numbers, Alphabet, and other useful resources designed by a fully qualified Early Childhood Teacher.Resources for young bilingual students have alsoPrice $32.00Original Price $52.00Save $20.00
- This bundle of fun Hispanic activities are designed by a Mexican teacher-author with a professional design background.Save that precious budget and get amazing value by purchasing this maravilloso Mexican bundle that you can benefit from all year.Great bundle for Spanish class maestras y maestros, bPrice $13.99Original Price $20.00Save $6.01
- Authentic Dia de los Muertos sugar skulls craft, Frida Kahlo Sugar Skulls Day of the Dead art project and Alebrijes Mexicanos activity adaptable to all grades.For a budget-saving All-Year Mexico Bundle, see our: MEXICO ACTIVITIES BUNDLE_____________________________________One of the best Dia de losPrice $5.99Original Price $10.00Save $4.01
These adorable Dia de los Muertos sugar skulls are the perfect Day of the Dead art project. One of the best Dia de los Muertos activities is making colorful classroom decorations like this sugar skull craft. Save $$ with our DAY OF THE DEAD MINI BUNDLE. They look beautiful displayed all-together as a collaborative art project in a Spanish bulletin board.
Budget saving YEAR-ROUND bundle: MEXICO ACTIVITIES BUNDLE
► Why is this resource useful?
- Early finishers activity in Spanish class
- Spruce up your Spanish classroom decor
- Grow your collection of Spanish activities
- After-school club or Spanish club time-filler
- Complement a Day of the Dead lesson or Mexico culture unit
- A low-prep hispanic heritage project
- Making a quick last-minute DIY Halloween costume to help the student that forgot to bring one (teens love La Catrina skull masks these days)
- Decorate a hispanic heritage month bulletin board or display
Since this activity welcomes all levels of artistic skills, it has proven to be successful with students ranged from Pre-K, Kindergarten, Elementary up to Middle School and High School. The sugar skulls can be as simple or as complicated as each student chooses.
You might also like:
- Frida Kahlo Craft
- Frida Kahlo Sugar Skulls Project
- Pinata Craft
- Spanish Morning Greetings Choices Chart
- Morning Greetings Choices Chart
► About the Mexican festivity
In modern Mexico culture we celebrate Dia de Los Muertos (one day after Halloween). This Mexican tradition honors life after dead, if that makes sense... I would say that Day of the Dead is more about gathering with your loved ones to remember the ones that have left us. We do so in a positive light, remembering what our "difuntos" used to like when they were walking on this Earth. That is why we set up "ofrendas" (offering altars) with their favorite treats. If you have seen the recent animated movie you can get a good idea of what this hispanic festivity is about.
In modern Mexico culture we do celebrate Halloween but we cherish more Day of The Dead as a Mexican tradition that has been around for longer.
► DAY OF THE DEAD CRAFTIVITY INSTRUCTIONS
- Cut out and paste the skull’s eyes and nose (or should I say: "nose-hole") to a paper plate (or any other surface, like card).
- Chop the paper plate’s “cheeks” or use the template to trace the outline of the skull on your chosen surface.
- Decorate your sugar skull however you want! Colored pens are great for quick results but also look great with other materials such as paint or sticking bits of paper scraps.
- BONUS TIP: To practice some writing skills encourage the children to write their name on the skull's forehead, just like we do traditionally in authentic Mexican sugar skulls.
► WHAT'S INCLUDED
- 3 paged PDF with 6 different designs of skull eyes + nose
- Skull's outline template
* Please see the preview before purchasing.
► Other teachers are also loving:
- Morning Greetings Poster (with Social Distancing options in English or regular in Spanish)
- Colors Names for Fun Colors Activity (available in many languages)
- Frida Kahlo Sugar Skulls Project
* Earn TPT credit to use on future purchases:
- Go to your My Purchases page on your TpT profile.
- Select 'Provide Feedback'.
- Leave an honest rating with a short comment for this product.
- That's it! have fun spending your TpT credit :)
Click here to Follow my TpT store and catch new products at a reduced price for the first 48H.