Celebrate the Dia de los Muertos with your students.
This packet has 20 pages, including the cover page.
Inside you will find these activities:
1. Word Search
2. Pinata - Draw Your Own
3. Diego Rivera Draw Your Own
4. Papel Picado Butterfly
5. Papel Picado Sugar Skull
6. Skelly to Cut & Assemble
7. Little Kid Skelly to Color or Cut Out
8. Bulldog Skelly to Color or Cut Out
9. Cat Skelly to Color or Cut Out
3D Collage Card & Reference Pictures
10. 3D Ofrenda Collage Card Template
11. - 12. with two Collage Printable Reference Pictures
History and Accordian Booklet
13. - 14. Two Page History of Dia de Los Muertos with
15. 7 Page Accordian Booklet to draw History Pictures
16. Burro Banner with Burro Pattern
17. - 18. Two pages Directions for Burro Banner
19. Burro Skeleton Reference Sheet
20. Colorful Cover Sheet
Open Ended, is usually a student directed process, where they can draw their feelings, emotions, reactions to the art work in the blanks provided. They can choose to copy the designs, outlines the shapes/forms, or even just draw one aspect. Open ended is not assessed and there is no right or wrong. Just encourage active participation in some form.
Anything with copyrights used in Fair Use for Education (reference pictures.) All of the drawings I drew myself. I teach K-5th grade art and try to make my projects open ended so my ELL students experience success in both art and English.
If you have any questions, please contact me. And, If you are unfamiliar with Open-Ended art activities, please download my free "Open-Ended Art is..."