Language-impaired children often experience difficulty comprehending abstract time concepts. Daylight Saving Time and Standard Time changes offer the perfect opportunity for them to learn and apply these concepts. This engaging learning packet and creativity will help your students improve their understanding of abstract time concepts while targeting a wide range of other language skills.
This interactive packet includes:
- A non-fiction passage explaining Daylight Saving Time (DST) in kid-friendly terms
- Visuals to make DST less abstract.
- WH questions about the reading passage
- Inferencing questions regarding famous quotes about time.
- A Daylight Saving Clock Craftivity
- Craft Directions including basic concepts.
- Basic Concept True/False Questions about the Craft
- Craft Direction Oral Language Retell Prompt
- Conditional Following Directions about DST to color the clock.
Not only will your students participate in a wide range of language-rich activities to master time concepts in this packet but they can also continue to reflect on their learning by using the Daylight Saving Clock they create!