Working Words are instructional activities to help teach young students about different kinds of words when learning to read, write, and spell. Working Word packets are differentiated for student abilities.
The motivating activities in this packet help to teach emerging readers about days of the week. Included in this packet are:
1. A description of days of the week with examples and teaching tips
2. An introduction activity
3. A poster to help students remember these words when reading and writing
4. Two original songs for fun and reinforcement
5. A full-color book called "Skeezik's Busy Week" to practice reading days of the week
6. A black line master for small individual student books
7. A Diving for Days partner game
8. Two worksheets to check for understanding
9. A Read & Draw activity for comprehension
10. Some fun Enrichment activities
The materials in this packet would be great for a literacy center!
Please be sure to check out the other Working Word packets and bundles in my store. Enjoy! Sheila