Daily independent reading is a must in every classroom! Wouldn’t it be nice if you could encourage your students to focus on a different comprehension strategy every day instead of the same old “reflective journal entry” day after day?
Included in this set:
• Mon – Fri Reading Logs that focus on main idea, feeling & mood, predicting, character study, using illustrations to summarize/make meaning.
• A set with point values assigned (for easy scoring if needed)
• A set without points
• A blank customizable log sheet
• Easy to read font
These Reading Logs focus on a different strategy each day in a simple, easy to use format. Students read for a given amount of time (up to you!) and then complete one log sheet. At a glance, you can monitor their comprehension, observe their metacognitive processes as a reader, focus on text elements, and hold students accountable for using independent reading time wisely!
Ideas for use:
• Give each student a packet at the beginning of each week, collect on Friday.
• Send home as a weekly homework assignment.
• Pass out sheets daily for an instant reflection at the end of literacy block.
• Use with reading buddies or peer tutors.
• Parent volunteers love using these sheets!
• Put one on “big screen” and let it guide students as they enter reflections in journal notebooks.
• Also make a great literacy center!
• The list goes on and on!