Here are the days of the week, los dias de la semana.
Here's what you can do:
1) Pass out the papers, and teach (or review) the days of the week.
2) Have students color one page at a time, keeping them on the same page. Some of them will enjoy outlining the letters. Talk about each day as students color each page.
3) Students draw/color symbols to represent activities they have on each of the days of the week. For instance, students who have music class on Wednesdays can draw musical symbols--clefs, notes, etc. Students who attend church on Sundays can draw a cross, Bible, church, etc.
4) Ask students, ¿Hoy es lunes? ¿Hoy es martes? Do not ask if today is Wednesday (or whatever day it is). Go through all the days, and help them with, "no, no es lunes, etc." After going through all the questions and getting NO responses, finally ask them, "¿Qué día es hoy?" Teach them, Hoy es miércoles (or whatever day it is).
5) Time permitting, you can also teach/review, "¿Qué día fue ayer? ¿Qué día es mañana?"
It's a simple but fun project! Enjoy! Hope you like it! Please give me positive feedback if you do! Gracias~
PS I'm probably going to take several of their papers and decorate my classroom door with them! You can, too! Have fun!