Also included in
- Robert Frost Poems and BiographyYour middle school students will gain an appreciation of the life and poetry of Robert Frost in this collection of his famous poems. This easy-to-implement 6 day lesson plan will introduce your students to the life of Robert Frost and a collection of his most famous p$8.80$11.00Save $2.20
- 1. Your students will enjoy creating metaphors with this original and engaging activity. You can teach it as a stand-alone activity or as a launch for a Poetry Unit or Unit on Figurative Language. Activity allows for student choice while enabling them to work at their own pace. Always a BIG hit!This$16.40$20.50Save $4.10
This is an enrichment activity I do after reading Robert Frost’s Biography and his three poems: “Nothing Gold Can Stay”, “Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening” and “The Road Not Taken”. I show clips from the movie Dead Poets Society which refers to Frost’s poem “The Road Not Taken” and the theme of nonconformity. Then we study the poem “O Captain! My Captain!”, and lastly, the students participate in a highly-engaging class discussion on conformity (rubric included). Also included is a final assessment.
This Resource Includes:
- Notes to the Teacher detailing what to do on each of the 4 days of the mini-unit
- Detailed notes on the clips to show from the film Dead Poets Society
- Analysis of "O Captain! My Captain!" (answer keys included)
- Class Discussion (which can be done Socratic style) and Grading Rubric
- Final Assessment (answer key included)
For more on Figurative Language, try my high-interest activity on Metaphors:
Please follow me and I will notify you when new products are uploaded. New products will be 50% off for the first 24 hours they are posted. I appreciate my followers and they deserve to be rewarded!
As always, please contact me with any questions, or if you are looking for a particular product.
Thank you kindly,