This information packed powerpoint examines some of the laws that impact Deaf and hard of hearing students in various education settings.
Some topics include:
· ADA vs IDEA vs 504
· Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
· Civil Rights Law vs. Educational Law
· Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
· Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA)
· 504 Plan
· Individual Education Program (IEP)
· Accommodations vs. Modifications
· Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC)
· Behavior Intervention Plan (BIP)
· Designated Instruction Services (DIS)
· Due Process
· Free Appropriate Public Education (FAPE)
· Independent Educational Evaluation (IEE)
· Individualized Family Service Plan (IFSP)
· Individualized Transition Plan (ITP)
· Least Restrictive Environment (LRE)
· Mainstreaming vs. Inclusion
· Universal Design for Learning (UDL)
Use this 23 slide presentation on laws affecting deaf and hard of hearing students as a lifelong tool.
If you like this powerpoint and would like to see more instructional powerpoints please give it 5 star rating!! Thank you so much for taking the time to look at my page and for the consideration of bringing my culture into your classroom. :)
Please leave comments about the powerpoints to let me know how they're working for you! I tried to explain all the information and my process in detail, but if you have any questions, please post them here, too!