Looking for a sweet/meaningful way to end the year? Do you love staying in touch with your students? Try out this Dear Future Self letter writing activity.
Students write letters to THEMSELVES describing their year, their hopes/dreams, educational goals, etc.. These letters can then be given to them in future years. For example, I teach 3rd grade. Students write themselves a letter at the end of the year and I give to them as they finish FIFTH grade. You can give to them whenever you'd like :)
This activity comes with:
- An easy access document to access all material.
- Two separate letter templates to choose from.
- A Google Slide (or PowerPoint) Presentation to Introduce/teach the activity.
- Editable written notes from the teacher to send with the student letters.
- A uneditable version of the letter as well.
The students absolutely LOVE getting these letters and I look forward to it every year. I finally got to give my first class their letter and they were so excited. I have had students already asking (they still have to wait 2 years) to please get their letter already! Not to mention, once they get their letter back- they come back and see you... which puts a huge smile on your face AND theirs :)