Everything you need for Dear Juno in Pearson Reading Street!
Charts, Webs, Concept talks, Games, Literacy Centers, Supplementary Activities, Vocabulary Cards, and MUCH MORE!
This Common Core Standards Aligned Activity Packet correlates with the Scott Foreman Reading Street Series for 2nd grade. Dear Juno is unit 3.2, and includes everything for teachers to make Pearson both teacher and student friendly! There are various activity/student centers for all the content covered throughout this week, including many things I find lacking as a teacher: definitions for spelling words AND academic vocabulary used throughout the week, common core-aligned reading and writing activities such as text-based/evidence-based comprehension questions, Day 1-5 concept talks, phonics and sentence reading, and questions of the day written up for quick reference or document camera convenience. Student friendly directions for all activities, student daily journal writing, retelling activity/station, and every chart, table, and graphic organizer at your fingertips for the week (with different options!) and MORE! THIS IS THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE WEEKLY PEARSON PACKET!
Check out our Abbreviation Station Matching Game at our store! Great for Unit 3!
• Matching Word Cards for:
Vocabulary Words (including academic vocabulary!)
Words to Read
(Student Answer Keys included for all words to promote
universal access/independent practice/small group work)
• Day 1-5 Questions of the Day
• Day 1-5 Daily Concept Talk
*Student Sentence Frames provided for Structured Student
• Daily Student Journal Writing (CCSS Aligned)
• Retelling Cards Writing Activity/Literacy Center
• Refrigerator Page for Parents/Student Reference
• Long O (o,oa,ow) Word Sort Chart and activities
• Blending Strategy Words
• Diving Words into Syllables
• Ways to communicate Webs (master/student)
• Long E Phonics Review (master/student)
• 5 Steps of Writing and Mailing a Letter (master/student)
• Pearson Fluent Sentence Reading
• Pearson Long O Sentences
• Character Development Chart
• Friendly Letter Writing and Writer’s Checklist
• Comparing Text Features Chart
• Main Idea/Supporting details Graphic Organizer
• Sentence Dictation with Long o words
• Story Sequence Activity/Center/Game and Answer Key
• 2 Abbreviation Webs (with master/student)
English Language Learner Strategies imbedded throughout this Unit!
Thank you for visiting!!!