Justyce McAllister is top of his class and set for the Ivy League—but none of that matters to the police officer who just put him in handcuffs. Moreover, despite leaving his rough neighborhood behind, he cannot escape the scorn of his former peers or the ridicule of his new classmates.
Justyce looks to the teachings of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. for answers. But do they hold up anymore? He starts a journal to Dr. King to find out.
The Novel Study Unit contains:
• Vocabulary Handout – with page numbers where words can be found
• Novel Study questions page - (pages 1-4) – these can be used for Running Quizzes during the Novel Study.
• Separate Novel Study Answers Page (pages 1-5)
The answers also have page numbers. Questions are in order of the novel and are only literal questions. The teacher is free to create inference questions within a novel study.
• Novel Study test (answers included) with an essay – (5 pages)
• Essay Grading Rubric – The Essay can be separate from the test if preferred