Here’s a great debate bundle that includes over 7 hours of debate activities, debate topics and debate organizers! These debate Mini-Units are designed to be a means to develop the foundation of successful debate. These mini-lessons will help instill confidence in your students as they work their way to a more official debate platform. Debates are considered to be one of the most efficient teaching tools for kids as it increases the depth of knowledge and also helps to improve self-esteem as well as confidence. Practicing persuasive writing and speaking techniques in smaller steps or chunks is an effective teaching technique for success. Have fun!
This Debate Bundle serves as an Introduction to Debate and Includes:
• Teacher Instructions and Copy Info
• 10 Debate Topics
• Debate Vocabulary
• Organizing an Argument
• Transitional Phrases for Debate
• Student Directions
• Cell Phone Craftivity | Debate Organizer
• Several Pre-DEBATE Activities
• Debate vs. Persuasion Informational Text
• Debater Don’ts | Fun Fallacy Skits to Perform
• Four Corner Debate
• Example Debate | Should Schools Serve Flavored Milk?
• Road to Reason Debate Organizer
• Road to Reason Craftivity (Options for Differentiation are Included)
• The Parts of an Argument Informational Text
• I Have, Who Has? Argument Activity
• Big Paper Debate | Silent PerSWAYsion
• Contradictory Controller Craftivity | Are Video Games Good For You?
• BONUS: Bulletin Board Letters that spell out DEBATE GAME ON!
This bundle includes the following 3 mini-units from my GATER Educator’s Debate Series. Check them out here:
Debate: The Road to Reason
Debate: GAME On!
Debate: LET’s CHAT!
Common Core Standards:
CCSS ELA-Literacy SL 4.3, 5.3, 5.4, 6.3
CCSS ELA-Literacy W 4.1, 4.2, 5.1, 5.2, 6.1, 6.2
Don't forget that leaving feedback earns you points toward FREE TPT purchases. I love positive feedback!
TPT teacher authors appreciate you taking time out to provide some detail about how you like or how you used their products.
If you are dissatisfied for any reason, please offer me the chance to tweak or make corrections to the product before leaving a negative review. To do this, simply send me an email so that I have a chance to make sure your expectations are met.
Also, follow me and be notified when new products are uploaded. New products are always 50% off for the first 24 hours they are posted. It pays to follow me!
Thank you so much,
Follow me at:
My TpT Store: GATER Educator
Instagram: GATER Educator
Facebook: GATER Educator
©GATER Educator. All rights reserved
This Enrichment Workshop is perfect for a GATE pullout program, Monthly Gifted Curriculum, Parent-led enrichment, Grade-level rotation, Homeschool, After-school or Sub Plans