Debate, Vote, Elect! An Incredible Civics and Voting Lesson!

Debate, Vote, Elect! An Incredible Civics and Voting Lesson!
Debate, Vote, Elect! An Incredible Civics and Voting Lesson!
Debate, Vote, Elect! An Incredible Civics and Voting Lesson!
Debate, Vote, Elect! An Incredible Civics and Voting Lesson!
Grade Levels
5th, 6th, 7th, 8th
Product Rating
Not yet rated
File Type
PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
0.64 MB   |   33 pages

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION

An engaging classroom civics activity with step by step instructions demonstrating the value of voting and making our voices be heard! Students mirror America's election process by discussing and debating provided community issues, followed by a unique voting exercise.

Three unique community issues are detailed, along with three candidates for mayor who offer different, specific solutions. Students are divided among candidates to argue on their behalf. After the debates, a vote is taken to determine the best solution, and the ballots are randomly reduced by 60% (reflecting the actual percentage of eligible US citizens who vote) and the remaining 40% are tallied.

Post-election questions keep the discussion going.

"Mini-Lessons" and Queries to encourage dialogue are scattered throughout exercise, along with a Voting Fact Sheet, to increase students' depth of knowledge about elections and the voting process.

Includes ballots, tally sheets, "Vote" sign and "Support Your Argument Worksheets."
Total Pages
33
Answer Key
Does Not Apply
Teaching Duration
2 hours

Average Ratings

N/A
Overall Quality:
N/A
Accuracy:
N/A
Practicality:
N/A
Thoroughness:
N/A
Creativity:
N/A
Clarity:
N/A
Total:
0 ratings
COMMENTS AND RATINGS:
Please log in to post a question.
PRODUCT QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS:
$14.99
Digital Download
ADD ONE TO CART
User Rating: Not yet rated
 (1 Followers)
$14.99
Digital Download
ADD ONE TO CART
Debate, Vote, Elect! An Incredible Civics and Voting Lesson!
Debate, Vote, Elect! An Incredible Civics and Voting Lesson!
Debate, Vote, Elect! An Incredible Civics and Voting Lesson!
Debate, Vote, Elect! An Incredible Civics and Voting Lesson!
Teachers Pay Teachers

Teachers Pay Teachers is an online marketplace where teachers buy and sell original educational materials.

Learn More

Keep in Touch!

Sign up