Also included in
- Writing, research, critical thinking, reading, debating, student engagement, reflection, assessment and organization--this mega pack has 42 different products that will help your students learn important skills and stay active and engaged while doing so.These products cost $168 if purchased individuPrice $110.00Original Price $158.44Save $48.44
The debate is a staple in the English classroom, as it's a great way to build speaking and listening skills. This resource will help you teach your students how to debate like pros.
The file includes:
- Detailed handouts for your students that explain debating definitions, procedures and ideas for planning.
- Graphic organizers to help students as they plan and research their debates.
- Two pre-debating activities you can use to allow your students to practice their debating skills.
- A list of debate topics that have been successful in my classroom. Students should pick their own topics, but sometimes they need a nudge!
- A rubric for you to use to assess your students.
- A peer assessment checklist to give your students to keep them attentive and learning throughout the debates.
- A slide show that you can use to guide your discussions with your class.
If you would like to give your students practice in creating strong arguments and counter arguments, check out my other product: Debating Skills. And, if you want your students to focus on creating thorough and engaging arguments, try using Debate Preparation Stations. or The Socratic Debate
If you'd like to work on your students' speaking and listening skills, you can check out
You might also like:
Connect with me for teaching tips and ideas: