Through this project, students will…
- Become aware of the increasing credit card debt in the United States.
- Learn to be careful consumers of credit to avoid unnecessary short falls, huge debt, and bad credit ratings.
- Use the knowledge they gather through research and assignments, to create an action plan about the responsible use of credit in our society. They will provide service to the community by designing a presentation that provides useful information about credit and debt. The goal is that students find a way to help the community be better informed about the consequences of debt, and educate them to use credit responsibly.
This package includes:
- Detailed instructions for the project (assignments to be completed, journal entries, exit-tickets, Presentation details, Reflection Assignment)
- Possible resource links
- Readings (articles that students read to learn about credit card debt)
- Assignments (Action Plan Questionnaire, Adult Credit Interview, Credit Attitude Survey, Vocabulary definitions list, Math Credit Problems worksheet, Credit Reality Check worksheet, Cruising for Credit worksheet (students research and choose the best credit card for their group))
- Rubrics (for presentation and reflections assignment) and Feedback forms (Audience Feedback Form, Peer Evaluation Form for Group Work, Presentation Evaluation & Feedback Form)
Files are in .pdf formats.
I like to do this project in classes primarily composed of 11th and 12th graders, so that they have a good idea about credit cards and debt when they go to college. Students love this project, as it opens their eyes to many useful things that they haven't been aware of before.
Note: If you’d like to purchase 10 of my projects as a bundle and save $20, please go to the following link: