This project is a fun and engaging way for your students to study the decades of Modern America! Students will create a "time capsule" of a modern American decade and include elements such as a newspaper or TV broadcast and highlight the decade's social history, values, key events and people, and popular culture. This is a great project to help student engage with the important history of the modern era and I have included several ways you can implement it in your classroom. This project can be adapted for any number of American decades and can be used as you study during the semester or as an end-of-year review. Read below to see what is included.
- A student handout that explains the requirements of the project (Editable Word Doc and PDF)
- A teacher directions sheet that will give you all the info you need to successfully implement the project in your class. (PDF)
- A "Group Member Roles" sheet to help groups plan their project and assign each group member a role. (PDF)
- A self/peer evaluation sheet (PDF)
- Grading Rubric (Editable Word Doc and PDF)
- Project Examples- I have provided samples of each project element to help clarify expectations for your students. (PDF)
Check out these other great U.S. History and U.S. Government resources, available in my store:
195 U.S. History Warm-Ups: Full Year!
90 U.S. History Semester 1 Warm-Ups (Foundations to 1920)
105 U.S. History Semester 2 Warm-Ups (1920 to Present Day)
ColdWar Timeline Review Activity
Civil Rights: Affirmative Action Lesson
FREE! Vietnam War Timeline Review Activity
"Create a New Government" Activity and Discussion
Earn credits for your valuable feedback!
After you purchase a product, return to your “My Purchases” page and provide feedback on this product. You’ll earn credits, which will give you discounts on your future TPT purchases. Your positive feedback is always appreciated!
Visit my store and click on the green star to follow me and receive product updates: Holly's Social Studies Store.
You can also follow me on Pinterest by clicking here.