December Monthly Packet 5th Grade - Volume 1
*Lexile levels and Common Core standards included on Answer Key!!**
Save money buy the
FALL MEGA Bundle for 5th Grade HERE!
Modelled after the Common Core for 5th Grade! Reading concepts for all 5th grade students to master!
All of the following excerpts, charts, passages and diagrams are associated with either a variety of text dependent, multiple choice reading comprehension questions, open-response questions, student inquiry, both short and long answer questions or a combination of strategies.
Use for; weekly assessments, pre-assessment, post-assessment, progress monitoring, or whatever else you need!
Questions involve; using context clues, inferencing, poetry elements, plot, characterization, analytical reading, comprehension, reading for meaning, vocabulary and so much more!
This packet includes:
1- Fiction Poetry – The Visit; the origin of the Night Before Christmas
- Key Elements – Close reading, character development, poetic elements, tone, mood
- PLUS – Extra Activity – Character Analysis
2- Nonfiction – Hibernation
- Key Elements – Close reading, analyzing illustrations, deciphering meaning, inference
- PLUS – Extra Activity – Main Focus
Nonfiction – Entire Christmas Customs Set
4- Santa Clause and Santa’s Reindeer
6- Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer
7- Christmas Tree and Yule Log
8- Poinsettia and Candy Cane
o 6 Different Texts!! All about Christmas!!
o Key elements: close read, understanding text, deciphering meaning.
9- Nonfiction – How to Make Snow
- Key Elements: Close reading, analyzing illustrations
10- Nonfiction – Hanukkah
- Key Elements; Close reading, mood, main idea
11- Nonfiction –Kwanzaa
- Key Elements: close reading, main idea, analyzing text
12- Nonfiction – The Attack on Pearl Harbor
- Key Elements: Close reading, clarify, inference, main idea, analyzing text
- PLUS – 2 Extra Activities – Creating a Timeline and 5WsH
13- Nonfiction – The Brothers Grimm
- Key elements – close read, synonyms, authors purpose
14- Fiction – A Tale Dark and Grimm
- Key Elements- close read, synonyms, deciphering meaning, tone,
Literature/References and Answer Key Included!
***PLEASE NOTE: Because Common Core groups 4th/5th grade together, this packet is extremely similar to the 4th grade packet! (Same passages with MOSTLY same questions). The concepts and ideas are the same for all students to master!
*I truly value your feedback*
*Check out all 5th Grade Volume 1 monthly packets September - Summer**
Any questions or concerns ...email@example.com
Have a great year!
Novel Nutritious Creations
© 2015 Novel Nutritious Creations. Permission is granted to buyer for single classroom use. No part of this work, including clip art, may be copied and/or reused in another product or format.