December Packet - 7th Grade Volume 1
*****CHECK OUT THE PREVIEW*****
Save money with the
Mega Fall Bundle Volume 1 - 7th Grade!
*Common Core standards and Lexile Levels Included!*
This is the packet of HIGH INTEREST reading comprehension questions modeled after the Common Core standards for middle school. The concepts delivered in this packet are for all students to master and understand in Reading- Language Arts.
All of the following excerpts, charts, passages and diagrams are associated with either a variety of multiple choice reading comprehension questions, open-response questions, student inquiry, both short and long answer questions or a combination of strategies.
Use for; weekly assessments, pre-assessment, post-assessment, progress monitoring, or whatever else you need!
Questions involve; using context clues, inferencing, poetry elements, plot, characterization, analytical reading, comprehension, reading for meaning, vocabulary and so much more!
**There are 10 exercises in this packet including 2 BONUS excerpts!*
1- Fiction Poetry – The Visit; the origin of the Night Before Christmas
- This excerpt is extensive with 28 close read multiple choice, short and long responses
- Key Elements – Close reading, character development, poetic elements, tone, mood, understanding text, relating prose to narrative
2- Fiction – Little Women
- Key Elements – Close read, character development, synonyms, summarize, tone, inference, deciphering meaning
3- Biography – Emily Dickinson
- Key Elements – Close read, inference, definitions, theme, identification, opinion
4- Poetry – Success is Counted Sweetest- Emily Dickinson
- Key Elements – Close read, poetic elements, deciphering meaning, summarize, opinion, theme
5- Nonfiction – Attack on Pearl Harbor
- Key Elements –Close read, clarify, inference, understanding text
- EXTRA – Timeline, 5WH
6- Nonfiction – Christmas Customs
- Key Elements – Close read, deciphering meaning, author purpose, connection to illustrations
7- Nonfiction – The North Pole
- Key Elements – Close read, deciphering meaning, map interpretations, differences, supporting an argument, writing a claim
8- Fiction – A Christmas Carol
- Key Elements – Close read, deciphering meaning, repetition, character development, figurative language, symbolism, word choice, tone, morale
- EXTRA – Determining Scrooge’s Demeanor
9- Nonfiction- The Legendary Autobahn
- Key Elements: Close read, deciphering meaning, main idea, inferences
10. Nonfiction – The Snowflake Man
- Key Elements: Close read, deciphering meaning, understanding text/quotes, connections to today.
2 BONUS EXCERPTS:
- Hanukkah (nonfiction)
- Kwanzaa (nonfiction)
Literature/References and Answer Key Included!
*I truly value your feedback*
*Check out all 7th grade packets from September thru Summer*
December Volume 2 - 7th Grade!
**PLEASE NOTE: If you are purchasing more than one grade level packet of the same month within middle school (6-8) please note that they are extremely similar. This is because Common Core groups middle school as 6-8 and the concepts are very similar throughout the three years. Some passages/questions differ within the 6th grade packet depending on the monthly packet. Please read the contents carefully and email if you have any questions!
Any questions ...email@example.com
Have a great year!
Novel Nutritious Creations
© 2015 Novel Nutritious Creations. Permission is granted to buyer for single classroom use. No part of this work, including clip art, may be copied and/or reused in another product or format.