December Packet - 8th Grade Volume 1
**Check out the Preview**
**Common core standards and Lexile levels included**
Save money buy the
MEGA Fall Bundle HERE for 8th grade
This is the packet of reading comprehension questions modeled after the Common Core standards for middle school. The concepts delivered in this packet are for all students to master!
All of the following excerpts, charts, passages and diagrams are associated with either a variety of multiple choice reading comprehension questions, open-response questions, student inquiry, both short and long answer questions or a combination of strategies.
Use for; weekly assessments, pre-assessment, post-assessment, progress monitoring, or whatever else you need!
Questions involve; using context clues, inferencing, poetry elements, plot, characterization, analytical reading, comprehension, reading for meaning, vocabulary and so much more!
**There are 10 exercises in this packet including 2 BONUS excerpts!*
1- Fiction Poetry – The Visit; the origin of the Night Before Christmas
- This excerpt is extensive with 28 close read multiple choice, short and long responses
- Key Elements – Close reading, character development, poetic elements, tone, mood, understanding text, relating prose to narrative
2- Fiction – Little Women
- Key Elements – Close read, character development, synonyms, summarize, tone, inference, deciphering meaning
3- Biography – Emily Dickinson
- Key Elements – Close read, inference, definitions, theme, identification, opinion
4- Poetry – Success is Counted Sweetest- Emily Dickinson
- Key Elements – Close read, poetic elements, deciphering meaning, summarize, opinion, theme
5- Nonfiction – Attack on Pearl Harbor
- Key Elements –Close read, clarify, inference, understanding text
- EXTRA – Timeline, 5WH
6- Nonfiction – Christmas Customs
- Key Elements – Close read, deciphering meaning, author purpose, connection to illustrations
7- Nonfiction – The North Pole
- Key Elements – Close read, deciphering meaning, map interpretations, differences, supporting an argument, writing a claim
8- Fiction – A Christmas Carol
- Key Elements – Close read, deciphering meaning, repetition, character development, figurative language, symbolism, word choice, tone, morale
- EXTRA – Determining Scrooge’s Demeanor
9- Nonfiction- The Legendary Autobahn
- Key Elements: Close read, deciphering meaning, main idea, inferences
10. Nonfiction – The Snowflake Man
- Key Elements: Close read, deciphering meaning, understanding text/quotes, connections to today.
2 BONUS EXCERPTS:
- Hanukkah (nonfiction)
- Kwanzaa (nonfiction)
Literature/References and Answer Key Included!
*I truly value your feedback*
*Be on the lookout for Volume 2 monthly packets!
Check out the Volume 2 December Packet for 8th Grade HERE!
NOTE**** If you are purchasing more than one grade level packet of the same month for 7th and 8th grade, please know they are the same! Common Core groups middle school 7/8 extremely close together and therefore the concepts are for middle school students to master throughout these two years! Concepts/Lexile levels are the same. Thank you.
Any questions ...email@example.com
Have a great year!
Novel Nutritious Creations
© 2015 Novel Nutritious Creations. Permission is granted to buyer for single classroom use. No part of this work, including clip art, may be copied and/or reused in another product or format.