These Daily Review PowerPoints are one of my FAVORITE teaching tools in my classroom!! As a part of my circle time/morning meeting/calendar time, I can quickly review important knowledge and skills every morning. This part of my daily routine takes between 5 and 10 minutes, and my kiddos are actively engaged in this important practice. I can even leave these presentations with a substitute teacher (and believe me, if I don't, my kiddos always remind me!!)
This set includes 5 different PowerPoint presentations to use in the month of December (one for each day of the week!!) Every Monday in December, I use the Monday presentation; on Tuesdays, I use the Tuesday presentation, and so on... this gives students the daily practice, without the activity becoming stale.
For the month of December, the following skills are included:
* Reading color words
* Naming all uppercase and lowercase letters (5 or 6 different uppercase and lowercase letters each day, so that all letters are reviewed throughout the week. In past months, I used the "picture filled" clip art letters; this month's presentations use a more traditional font. However, the picture filled version is included in an extra file, in case you would like to use these in your classroom)
* Naming commonly confused lowercase letters (b,d,p,q)
* Listening for the middle sound in words (all short vowels included)
* Reading sight words (all am are into one two run three too play)
* Counting sets from 11 to 20 using ten-frames (building basic base-ten concepts)
* Naming numbers from 11 to 20
* Comparing two numbers (greater than, less than, or equal)
Because different schools teach letters and sight words in a different order, I have also included a separate presentation with all letters of the alphabet (in a picture-filled clip art) and a blank slide for sight words. This will allow you to change the letters and sight words to fit your curriculum, if needed.
Also, if your students have mastered a certain skill, you can simply delete those slides... if your students are ready for new concepts, you can copy those slides from future months and include them in your presentations for this month. Lots of flexibility with these!!
If you would like these sets for other months, please click on the month below.
I hope you enjoy using the PowerPoints in your classroom; if you have any questions, please let me know!!
Thanks for looking and happy teaching!