Want to take your Fix-It Sentences above and beyond? Then this is the product for you! I have created fix-it sentences that focus on phonics skills and sight words weekly to make reading them manageable so student can focus on correcting the sentence. I have also included a PowerPoint that shows the uncorrected sentence, the corrections, and then corrected sentence so planning and instructing is a piece of cake! So that you may use this product at any point in the year, I have included a version with December titles and Unit 5 titles!
CHECK OUT THE PREVIEW TO SEE EXACTLY WHAT IS INCLUDED!!
How This Unit Is Different and Better Than Anything Like It
I have always felt like other Fix-It Sentences were lacking. I wanted to take them a little bit further. To accomplish that I had the sentences line up with each week of Saxon Phonics instruction. (You by no means need to teach Saxon Phonics to use this unit. I have just used their sequence of sight words and phonics skills to create the sentences.) Each week has a phonics focus and sight word focus to help students read and so students can focus on correcting the sentence. Each week ends with a section for students to practice their skills. They are required to write a sentence for a picture I have provided. This helps relate fix-it sentences to the real world and make it more meaningful. I have included a checklist for students as they correct, so they know their expectations, and for you to use to grade! I also included a PowerPoint version of the fix-it sentences. For each day, there is a slide with the uncorrected sentence. On the next slide there is an animation that will show the correcting marks one by one. Then, there is a slide showing the corrected sentence.
- 4 Weeks of fix-it sentences
- 3 Different styles of fix-it sentences
- A PowerPoint of all of the fix-it sentences that show the uncorrected sentence, illustrate the corrections, and show the answer
- Poster describing what to capitalize
- Poster showing how to make capitalization correction marks
- Poster showing how to correct a sentence that needs a capital letter
- Poster listing ending marks
- Poster showing how to make ending mark correction marks
- Poster showing how to correct a sentence that needs an ending mark
***Each page/slide has an December title and Unit 5 title***
This unit is meant to introduce Fix-It sentences to students and to review skills they have most likely been taught in a previous grade. It focuses on the basics of sentence structure:
- Capital letters at the beginning sentences
- Periods, question marks, and exclamation points at the end of sentences
- Commas in list
- Spelling words correctly
- Proper handwriting and letter formation
- Using finger spaces to properly space words.
Phonics Skills and Sight Words Used In Creating the Sentences
Week 1: The rule v’|cv with a, i, e, o, and u, the rule v|cv’, what, want, there, was
Week 2: ea part 1, ea part 2, spelling with the dropping rule, oi, oy, are, should their, says, does, put
Week 3: Spelling with oi and oy, the rule vc|cvc|cv, ion, ue, four, country
Week 4: Suffix -es, ou, ow, spelling with ou and ow, rules vc|ccv and vcc|cv, because, which
FIND THE BUNDLE HERE AND SAVE!
***You May Also Enjoy***
Read, Comprehend, Retell, and Illustrate- Fall EditionNovember Writing Unit