PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
19.36 MB | 96 pages
These December Literacy Centers are packed with hands-on, interactive, and engaging activities! They are a perfect addition for your first grade classroom and have TONS of fun activities to use throughout the month of December! This pack includes 10 Literacy Center Activities!
Each Literacy center activity includes:
• ‘I Can’ kid friendly posters for student independence.
• Recording sheets for student accountability.
• Detailed how to use and prep directions.
• Easy to prep activities.
• Answer Keys
Here are some brief descriptions of the activities included: LITERACY CENTERS:
• Baking Some Blends- Sort pictures by whether they are an r, l, or s blend.
• Reading Words Mystery Picture- Match the CCVC or CVCC word to the correct picture. A mystery picture will be revealed.
• Mailing Nouns and Verbs- Sort words/pictures by whether they are a noun or a verb.
• Missing Ornaments- Determine the missing letters to make a CVC word complete.
• Tasty Syllables- Sort pictures by the number of syllables it has.
• Gingerbread Race- Play a game where they determine if the word has a long or short vowel sound.
• Milk and Sight Words- Read and build different sight words.
• Real or Nonsense- Play a game where they build a word and determine if it is real or nonsense word.
• Sentence Unscramble- Put words in the correct order to make a complete sentence.
• ABC Express- Put a group of words in alphabetical order.
*Download the preview to see all that is included!