December Math and Literacy Centers and Activities
Also included in
- These Math and Literacy Centers for the year BUNDLED (Part 1) includes ALL of my math and literacy center activities for the months of August-December. There are 138 Center Activities included in this bundle with a 30% SAVINGS!!Students have so much fun using the hands-on, interactive, and engagingPrice $24.00Original Price $50.00Save $26.00
These December literacy and math centers BUNDLED are packed with TONS of hands-on, interactive, and engaging activities! These centers are a perfect addition for your kindergarten classroom and include TONS of important math and literacy skills for this time of year!
This bundle includes 28 Center Activities!! (15 Math and 13 Literacy Activities)
Each Math and Literacy center activity is aligned to the Common Core and includes:
• ‘I Can’ kid friendly posters for students
• Recording sheets for student accountability
• The Common Core Standards that each activity is aligned to
*Make sure to download the preview to see what is all included!
• Elfkins Beginning Sounds (RF.K.3.C, L.K.1.A)- Identify the beginning sound of a word/picture.
• Letters to the Ending Sounds (RF.K.3.C, L.K.1.A)- Identify the ending sound of a word/picture.
• Warming Up Our Sight Words (RF.K.3.A, RF.K.2.D, L.K.1.A)- Build and spell different sight words using letters.
• CVC Words Mystery Picture (RF.K.3.C, L.K.1.A)- Match CVC words to the correct pictures. A mystery picture will form when the CVC words are placed on the correct pictures.
• Stockings Full of Vowels (RF.K.3.B, L.K.1.A)- Identify the middle short vowel sound.
• Baking Some CVC Words (RF.K.3.A, RF.K.2.D, L.K.1.A)- Sound out and spell CVC words.
• All Aboard Beginning Vowels (RF.K.3.B, L.K.1.A)- Sort pictures by their beginning short vowel sound.
• Landing on Words (RF.K.3.A, RF.K.2.D, L.K.1.A)- Match pictures to CVC words.
• Beginning and Ending Sounds (RF.K.3.C, L.K.1.A)- Identify the beginning and ending sounds of a word/picture.
• Sentence Unscramble (RF.K.1, RF.K.3.C, L.K.1.A, L.K.2)- Put words in the correct order to make a complete sentence.
• Secret Sight Words (RF.K.3.C, L.K.1.A)- Use a key to decode sight words.
• A Gift of Rhymes (RF.K.3.A, RF.K.2.D, L.K.1.A)- Match rhyming words.
• Decorating Word Families (L.K.1.A, RF.K.2.C, RF.K.3.A, RF.K.3.D)- Sort pictures by their word family.
• Star Bright Sums (K.OA.A.1, K.OA.A.2, K.OA.A.5)- Solve addition equations.
• Rudolph Addition (K.OA.A.1, K.OA.A.2, K.OA.A.5)- Solve different addition equations and sort them by their sum.
• Counting Tallies Mystery Picture (K.CC.A.1, K.CC.B.4)- Count tallies. A mystery picture will form when the numbers are placed on the correct tally marks.
• Cookie Match (K.CC.A.1, K.CC.B.4)- Match the ten frame to the correct number. (Choose from numbers 1-10 or 11-20)
• Order Numbers Mystery Picture (K.CC.A.1, K.CC.A.3)- Order numbers 1-5, 1-10, or 1-15. Mystery pictures will form as they put the numbers in order.
• Merry Measure (K.MD.A.1)- Use a non-standard measurement tool to measure the length of different pictures.
• Base Ten Ornaments (K.CC.A.3, K.NBT.A.1)- Match the number to the correct base ten blocks. Numbers included are 1-10 or 11-20.
• A Merry Search (K.CC.A.1, K.CC.A.3, K.CC.B.4, K.CC.B.5)- Count different groups of pictures. Numbers included are 1-10 or 11-20.
• Counting Carts (K.CC.A.1, K.CC.A.2, K.CC.A.3)- Determine which numbers come before and after a given number.
• Counting by 10 (K.CC.A.1, K.CC.A.3)- Order numbers counting by ten from 10-100.
• Gumdrop Hop (K.CC.A.1, K.CC.A.2, K.CC.A.3)- Put a group of numbers in the correct order.
• Lights Out! (K.CC.A.1, K.CC.A.2, K.CC.B.4, K.CC.B.5, K.OA.A.1)- Roll 2 dice, count the dots, and identify the number. They want to be the first to remove all of the lights!
• Bright Light Patterns (AB, ABC, AAB, ABB Patterns)- Continue and/or create different kinds of patterns.
• Puzzle Time/Puzzles by Ten (K.CC.A.1, K.CC.A.3)- Put numbers in order from 1-10 or 11-20 and build a puzzle. They will also put numbers in order counting by ten from 10-100.
• Four in a Row (K.CC.A.1, K.CC.A.2, K.CC.B.4, K.CC.B.5, K.OA.A.1)- Roll 1 or 2 dice, count the dots, and cover/color the number. The first to get 4 in a row wins!
Don’t forget to download the preview to see all that is included!
SAVE BIG with my Math and Literacy Centers 2 Parts MEGA BUNDLE!!
If you don't need this bundle, you can grab these centers separately!
You can check out my other Monthly Math and Literacy Centers Bundled below:
September: Fall Math and Literacy Centers (Bundled)
May/June/July: Summer Math and Literacy Centers (Bundled)
• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
Looking for Digital Centers?
First Grade Math & Literacy Centers for the Year:
First Grade Math and Literacy Centers Bundle #1 (August - December)
First Grade Math and Literacy Centers Bundle #2 (January - May)
Visit my blog: A Spoonful of Learning
Follow me on Facebook
Follow me on Instagram