Also included in
- The Monthly NO PREP Bundle is filled with hands-on, engaging and FUN resources that get kids excited about learning! The activities in this BUNDLE can be used for morning work, homework, group work, centers and more! The best part is that there is NO PREP! NO costly closed ink, NO laminating, NO cutPrice $39.99Original Price $63.00Save $23.01
This December NO PREP Packet for 2nd Grade is FILLED with hands-on, engaging and FUN resources that cover core skills for 2nd Grade! The activities in this packet can be use for group work , centers, small groups, homework and more! The BEST part is that there is NO PREP! NO costly colored ink, NO laminating, NO cutting …. just PRINT!
⭐️ 2nd Grade BUNDLE: HERE
⭐️ Kindergarten Version: HERE
⭐️ 1st Grade Version: HERE
⭐️ This packet is targeted for 2nd grade, but can be used for high flying first graders and struggling 3rd graders.
This packet includes the following resources:
- Find the Grammar- Look at the picture and find the hidden words (nouns, adjectives, verbs and pronouns) and write them in the correct category.
- Find the Long Vowels - Look at the picture and find the hidden long vowel words and write them in the correct category.
- Commas in a Series- Read the story of the Christmas Cookies. Place comma where needed. Answer the questions on the bottom.
- Roll and Find the Guide Words- Roll a die, read a word in the column, look it up in the dictionary and write the page number and guide words.
- Create Your Own Comic Strip! Use the callouts to create a comic strip!
- Let's Play Boggle- Use the two different Boggle boards to find and write as many words as you can!
- Make New Words- Cut out and use the letter tiles for the word "Decorations" and make as many words as you can.
- Contractions Sign Language Decoders- Use the sign language symbols to decode the contraction word. Write the words needed to make the contraction.
- Authors Purpose - Cut and paste the phrases into the correct columns (Persuade, Inform, Entertain).
- Find Adverbs- Read the sentences and circle the adverb in each sentence.
- Find and Write Compound Words - Circle and write 15 compound words in the word puzzle.
- Find and Write Homophones - Circle and write 15 homophones from the word puzzle.
- Find and Write Synonyms- Circle and write 15 synonyms from the word puzzle.
- Find and Write Antonyms- Circle and write 15 antonyms from the word puzzle.
- December Acrostic Poem
- Supporting Details I - Read the topic and use the picture to help write supporting details. (Winter picture)
- Supporting Details II - Read the topic and use the picture to help write supporting details. (Baking cookies)
- Supporting Details III - Read the topic and use the picture to help write supporting details. (Taking care of a puppy)
- How to Build a Snowman- Write directions on how to build a snowman. Draw pictures to match each step.
- Writing Prompt- If I were a reindeer…
- Writing Prompt- The best gift…
- 2 - Digit Addition and Subtraction- Match the gift to the reindeer.
- Money- Coin Riddles - Read the riddles and write the coins needed for the given amounts.
- Measurement: Inches and Centimeters - Measure the heights of each snowman in inches and centimeters. Answer the questions.
- Addition and Subtraction- Read the problems and solve the equations. Set 1- addition up to 20. Set 2 - Subtraction within 20. Set 3 mental math in the hundreds.
- Dictionary Skills - Use the dictionary to look up the given words. Write the page number, the guide words, the part of speech, the definition and use it in a sentence.
- Money Math Problems - Read the math problem and answer the questions.
- Subtraction (Let's Borrow) - Solve the subtraction problems and color the snowman that matches your answer.
- Double Digit Addition with Regrouping- Solve the problems and color the path to light up the tree.
- It's all About the Main Idea! Read each group of sentences. Cross out the 2 sentences that do not stick to the main idea.
- Multiplication with Repeated Addition- Solve each set of problems with repeated addition, grouping and multiplication.
- Addition with Regrouping - Solve the addition problems and answer the riddles.
- Mental Math - Addition - Solve the addition problems as quickly as you can. Record the time in each column.
- What's the Value of the Coin? Read the clues about the coins used in each riddle. Write the value of each coin.
- Coins: Making Change- Look at the price tag on each gift. Show two different ways you can pay for the gift using different coins.
- Input and Output up to 100- Use the rule to fill in the missing numbers
- Input and Output up to 1,000- Use the rule to fill in the missing numbers.
- Time by the 5 Minutes - Write the digital time under each clock. Color a christmas light that matches your time.
- Elapsed Time - Read the word problems. Draw hands on the clock to show the beginning time and the ending time.
- Subtraction with Regrouping- Subtract and solve the problems. Use the color code to color the even and odd differences.
- Read a Chart - Baking Cookies - Use the chart (tally marks) to answer the questions.
- Understanding a Bar Graph- Use the Bar Graph to answer the questions.
- Bar Graphs - Use the bar graph to answer the questions.
- Fractions- Color some of the ornaments on the tree. Write a fraction to show the amount you colored.
If you like this NO PREP 2nd Grade packet, you may also like the following:
Be sure to follow the Moffatt Girls on: