Also included in
- A bundled set of 560 Monthly Reading Skills and Enrichment Task Cards that are aligned to common core standards for grades 3-5. There are 56 cards for EVERY month August-May (No June & July, a total of 10 sets) Each of the monthly cards is themed for the month (56 cards each month). What is in$28.99$39.90Save $10.91
- The ONLY resource you will need for math and literacy throughout the holiday season! This HUGE bundle of Christmas and holiday resources is perfect for every upper grades classroom and full of festive, rigorous, educational fun.The following holiday resources are included in this bundle:The followi$26.99$45.95Save $18.96
This digital and printable set of 56 Reading Skills and Enrichment Task Cards for 3rd, 4th, and 5th grades has been designed to engage your students in thoughtful reading skill review.
All of the task cards have a fun December and Holiday theme and address important events in US history, doubling the educational value.
What's included in the December Reading Skills Task Cards?
- 4 Main Idea Cards
- 4 Context Clues Cards
- 4 Sequencing Cards
- 4 Inference Cards
- 4 Compare & Contrast Cards
- 4 Cause & Effect Cards
- 4 Fact & Opinion Cards
- 4 Story Elements Cards
- 4 Literal Comprehension Cards
- 2 Point of View Cards
- 2 Author's Purpose Cards
- 16 Enrichment Task Cards
- A of of the December Reading Skills Task Cards with interactive and movable elements!
These reading skills task cards are both digital and printable! A DIGITAL, Google Slides version is included and is perfect for distance or at-home learning. (Note: some drawing-based enrichment task cards have not been made digital.)
How can I use these Reading Skills Task Cards in my classroom?
- In reading centers
- As a warm up activity for the whole class
- As test prep
- As an enrichment activity
- For early finishers
- To extend learning
- Differentiated literacy practice
- In a game of SCOOT
- See even more task card ideas at TaskCards.com (A Teaching With a Mountain View website)
What are teachers saying about December Reading Skills Task Cards?
“I used this to extend reading skills and keep it fun and lighthearted the week before Christmas. Jam packed with engaging activities and easy to use with Google Classroom.” - Julie B.
“I am all virtual and this resource was fantastic for reading and writing activities around Christmas! Fun and engaging and not fluff!” - Leslie G.
“These are awesome! I love that I can these for regular learning that matches up with the lessons we have been doing, with my reading groups, and for enrichment during remote learning. Thank you!” - Cari P.
** You can SAVE big by buying this resource as part of my HUGE Christmas Resource Bundle! **
Even MORE Holiday Resources for Big Kids!