DECEMBER VOLUME 2 PACKET!!
**For 7th and/or 8th Grade!!**
This is the December Volume 2 packet of reading comprehension passages and complex, text-dependent multiple choice short/ long response questions modeled after the Common Core!!
*Common Core Standards and Lexile levels are included for both grade levels! *
Use for weekly assessments, pre/post-assessments, progress monitoring, homework, sub-plans, fun exercises... anything you need.
Questions involve; close read, deciphering meaning, poetic elements, using a dictionary, fictional elements (plot, characterization, setting, etc.) and so much more!! *Check out the Preview**
**There are 10 excerpts in this packet!**
1. Nonfiction – History of Tobogganing
- Key Elements: Close read, understanding meaning, citing text, illustration analyzing
2. Nonfiction – The Poinsettia Plant
- Key Elements: Close read, deciphering meaning, understanding APA and MLA format (comparing formats)
3. Nonfiction – Home Sweet Home – World’s Largest Gingerbread House
- Key Elements: Close read, central idea, understanding text, synonyms
4. Letter – Friendly letter
- Key Elements: Close read, deciphering meaning, Characters attitude, style of writing, tone, understanding text
5. Fiction – An excerpt from The Three Musketeers
- Key Elements: Close read, deciphering meaning, imagery, Morale (characterization, setting, understanding text.
6. Biography – Alexandre Dumas, pere
- Key Elements: Close read, deciphering meaning, irony, sentence structure
7. Poetry – Winter Poems (3 poems)
-Three poems: When It Is Snowing, Ice Chandelier, Breeze’s Fury
-Key Elements: Close read of poetry, tone, citing evidence, compare/contrast of style and form, point of view, figurative language
8. Fiction – An excerpt from West of the Moon
-Key Elements: Deciphering meaning, Characterization, conflict, close read, figurative language point of view.
9. Nonfiction – Ryan’s Well
-Key Elements: Close read, understanding text, central idea/details, deciphering meaning
10. Fiction – An excerpt from The Life and Adventures of Santa Claus
- Key Elements: Close read, deciphering meaning, understanding characters, relationships, synonyms, images, word choice.
You may also like:
For 8th Grade:
MEGA Fall Bundle HERE for 8th grade
December Volume 1 -8th Grade
For 7th Grade:
Fall MEGA Bundle for 7th Grade
December Volume 1 -7th Grade
Literature/References and Answer Key Included!
*I truly value your feedback*
*Check out all 8th grade packets from September thru Summer*
Thanks for looking!
Novel Nutritious Creations
© 2015 Novel Nutritious Creations. Permission is granted to buyer for single classroom use. No part of this work, including clip art, may be copied and/or reused in another product or format. These packets are for classroom use only. Any form of scanning, copying or otherwise to post on a personal, be it educational or otherwise, website, or on the internet without the written consent of Novel Nutritious Creations, is a violation of copyright.