Have some fun in math!
The Decimal Comparisons Game helps reinforce the comparison of decimals and emphasizes the use of the inequality signs for those decimals less than or greater than. The number line strategy can be used as a tool to place decimals in comparison to the known decimals of .25, .5, and .75 which are easily placed on the number line.
366 decimal cards are provided using halves, thirds, fourths, fifths, sixths, eighths, and tenths for comparisons. Each decimal set is presented both ways so students can demonstrate clear understanding of the inequality signs.
1. Give each player a Less than card, an Equal card, and a Greater than card along with a number line. The number line should be used as a tool for comparison.
2. Each player will then push forward their answer card.
3. Remember that their answer cards will be upside down from your perspective. So the answers are provided upside down with the correct answer circled.
4. Keep score for each player.
5. The player with the highest score wins!
Printing and Assembly Instructions:
1. Print double sided on card stock for longer lasting cards.
2. Cut the Decimal Comparisons card pages in half both horizontally and vertically.
3. Cut the Less than card, Equal card and Greater than card pages in half both horizontally and vertically. Make as many cards needed for your purposes.
4. Cut the Number Line cards out horizontally. Make as many Number Line cards needed for your purposes.
5. Follow the directions on the Directions card.
6. Be creative and use the cards to meet the needs of your students. Differentiation can take place by sorting the cards in a variety of ways.
See the preview!
Fraction Comparisons Flash Cards (Same Format)
Fraction and Decimal Comparisons Flash Cards (Same Format)
The connection between these units is progressive and builds on the number sense of fractions and decimals. Since each is formatted the same way, students will be able to easily move from one set to another. The Fraction and Decimal Comparisons Flashcards are the advanced flashcards which will show mastery of both fractions and decimals and the connections between fractions and decimals.