Here is an activity to enhance addition and subtraction with decimals. Give students a grocery flyer, (or I used someone's grocery coupons and prices I found on here) and made an activity sheet to go with it.
* First, Let students choose which items he/she would like to buy according to the categories.
* Next, have students apply any coupon discounts to the items.
* Have students total up the categories.
* If they only had $50 to spend, were they able to stay under budget? Did they go over? by how much? How much change did he/she receive back?
* Bonus problem - how much money did you save by using the coupons?