Decimals: Hundredths: Tenths: Adding decimals: Problem solving: Games: Math Workshop: Critical Thinking.
This product has two parts to it. The goal is for students to build conceptual understanding of decimals using tenths and hundredths. Students use a 100s grid to draw decimal representations, and practice adding decimal numbers using the 100 grid model and the standard algorithm.
PART ONE: The first part consists of a decimal activity. This lays the groundwork for students’ success with the game. Students create pictures of tenths and hundredths using a "Pre-Race Warm-Up" sheet and mini-poster activity.
PART TWO: Using the game cards provided in this product, students draw a decimal game card.. They color in the decimal number on the game board. Their partner does the same. The object of the game is for a player to color in the most tenths and hundredths on the game board before their partner does. Students also keep track of their addition on a scratch sheet and score sheet.
This product includes:
1. Two pages of teacher talk notes/plans.
2. An example of the game sheets partially filled out. (Black and white with minimal color.
3. Two Pre-Race Warm-Up decimal activity sheets for students. (Black and white)
4. One game board for student use.. (Black and white)
5. A score sheet. (Black and white)
6. A note scratch sheet. (Black and white)
7. A set up game cards, 4 pages(Black and white with minimal color)
8. Two mini-posters (full color)