This printable packet is a very useful resource for any classroom that is learning about multiplying decimals by powers of ten with and without exponents. The printables in this packet are great options for classroom grades, homework, review or a as a unit assessment covering this topic!
Included in this printable packet you will find:
1. Multiplying Decimals with Powers of Ten: In this 9 question printable, students will practice multiplying decimals by 0, 10, 100, 1,000 and even 10,000. The introduction includes instruction and an example and then they will practice the skill using sequences of decimal multiplication problems by increasing powers of ten.
2. Decimal Multiplication - Powers of Ten Using Exponents: This printable page includes 12 questions of multiplying decimals by powers of ten using exponents. Students will also get an instruction table with examples on how to do this task efficiently.
3. Decimal Multiplication with Powers of Ten - Review: This 14 question printable worksheet or homework page will allow students to practice this skill multiplying decimals by powers of ten with and without using exponents.
4. Decimal Multiplication and Powers of Ten: Assessment: This 14 question assessment will serve your classroom perfectly as an assessment for this concept. Students will be multiplying decimals by powers of ten with and without using exponents as well as answering two word problems.
5. Center Activity / Groupwork - Powers of Ten at the Candy Store: This activity has a table with many different types of candies and their prices. Students will answer questions in which a customer at Cal’s Candy Shop will be buying a large amount of candies, and they must determine the price based on the individual price of that candy.
***********If you have purchased my Decimals Skills Mega Bundle
do not buy this product! You already have it!***********
All of these resources come with answer keys so these printables will fit into your classroom with ease. Whether you need some extra grades for your students in assessing their knowledge of multiplying decimals with powers of ten or you are preparing for a more difficult task like multiplying decimals by numbers that are not powers of ten, you and your classroom will greatly benefit from using this product!