DECIMAL NUMERALS CHALLENGE - WRITING DIFFICULT DECIMALS
Your students will be challenged by these 3 worksheets. Here are two examples of what's on here:
write: "forty two million and sixteen thousandths as a decimal
write: "seventy five thousand and twelve millionths as a decimal
ARE YOU THINKING? YOUR STUDENTS WILL BE!!!
All 3 worksheets have difficult numbers to write on them like you see above.
Students must know the places values of BOTH whole numbers AND decimals to write these correctly. Not for the beginner!
See the thumbnails or download preview for a clearer idea.
Your download of 6 pages includes answers. Decorated for fun. By David Filipek.
* ALSO AVAILABLE FOR YOU OR A COLLEAGUE! - CLICK ANY LINK YOU WANT:
- FRACTIONS REVIEW AND REINFORCEMENT
- 10 FULL worksheets on various aspects of fractions to be used as great review or part of your unit. A LOT of good work here for your students. This link will describe all 10 pages in detail.
- EQUIVALENT FRACTIONS FOR THINKERS!
CHALLENGE your students with these 5 worksheets on equivalent fractions! They will have some fun shading, circling, etc. the exact amount of objects, but they’ll have to THINK! NOT for the beginner. 5 full pages all on equivalent fractions! Different yet effective!
- ROUNDING DECIMALS PLUS!
- 54 examples in all to round PLUS 12 EXTRA examples using < and > comparing decimals with one another. Rounding is up to hundred thousandths. Plenty of great practice and reinforcement.
- NUMBER LINE POWERPOINT LESSON
- 50 slide Powerpoint LESSON dealing with the number line and positive and negative numbers. Designed as a whole-class lesson getting students actively involved in the answers. 5 different sections including less than and greater than. Great graphics and animation will hold their attention. Different and effective lesson! The Number Line!
* * * GREAT TEACHING TO YOU!